Phoenix Online Studios
Year of release:
3D Characters and 2D background
Fully playable with mouse only
FBI agent Erica Reed has an uncanny talent: she can see the past and piece together how a crime unfolded. But not even this sixth sense could save her younger brother, Scott, from a brutal serial killer. Three years later, the investigation into Scott’s murder has gone cold -- but Erica’s work has only just begun.
Jump into Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller with The Hangman, the exciting first installment of a four-part series that brings Erica face to face with the deranged demons of her past. A serial killer is loose in Boston -- one who seems to be leaving deliberate clues that only Erica, with her unique post-cognitive abilities, can uncover. Is she finally on her way to solving Scott’s murder? Or, blinded by vengeance, is she falling into a trap that could cost Erica her life?
Developed by Phoenix Online Studios (the team who made the King’s Quest spin-off The Silver Lining), with contributions from veteran game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter) and comic book artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, X-Men, The Darkness), Cognition is a thrilling adventure that grips you and won’t let go.
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As a fully narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over four episodes of thrilling mystery. Supported by voiced narration, this story is truly engaging
- Fully-Realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors rounds out the diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic
- Mind-Bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy
- Stunning Art – The breathtaking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly
- All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true indie “dream team,” the lineup includes comics artist Romano Molenaar and renowned designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter) lending her expertise to the story
- Your Choices Matter – Each episode features branching paths, different ways to be complete and solve key puzzles, ensuring different paths for Erica to take to solve the mystery
OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
CPU: 2 GhZ
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Free Space: 3.5 GB
Video Card: ATI or NVidia with 512 MB RAM (Not recommended to play on Intel systems with integrated/shared video memory)
Audio Card: DirectX compatible