Phoenix Online Studios
Year of release:
3D Characters and 2D background
Fully playable with mouse only
The Season Pass grants you access to all four episodes as each one is released, plus an exclusive digital comic prequel as an added bonus.
From Phoenix Online Studios, the acclaimed developer behind The Silver Lining, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is a four part episodic game, engrossing narrative with truly evocative atmosphere. This chilling point-and-click adventure is a thought-provoking mystery following Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life.
Taking a turn for the strange, Erica investigates her mystery with the help of her post-cognition abilities – seeing an object’s past with a touch. What unravels is a much greater, much more complex and enigmatic thriller, as it becomes clear that someone knows Erica’s secrets.
- The Season Pass grants you access to all four episodes as each one is released, plus an exclusive digital comic prequel as an added bonus
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As a fully narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over four episodes of thrilling mystery. Supported by voiced narration, this story is truly engaging
- Fully-Realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors rounds out the diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic
- Mind-Bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy
- Stunning Art – The breathtaking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly
- All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true indie “dream team,” the lineup includes comics artist Romano Molenaar and renowned designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter) lending her expertise to the story
- Your Choices Matter – Each episode features branching paths, different ways to be complete and solve key puzzles, ensuring different paths for Erica to take to solve the mystery
OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
CPU: 2 GhZ
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Disk Free Space: 10 GB
Video Card: ATI or NVidia with 512 MB RAM (Not recommended to play on Intel systems with integrated/shared video memory)
Audio Card: DirectX compatible